A simple, quick and easy breakfast recipe thats flavourful too.
- 1 cup vermicelli roasted in 2 tsp ghee till it changes colour
- 2 cups of hot water( the quantity of water to be used depends on the thickness of the vermicelli. Refer instructions on the pack)
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/8 tsp asafoetida
- 4 to 5 curry leaves
- 2 to 3 green chillies finely chopped ( adjust spice to individual taste)
- Salt to taste
- A pinch of sugar(optional)
- 3 sprigs of coriander leaves finely chopped
- Heat ghee in a nonstick/ ceramic pan, add cumin seeds. When they crackle add asafoetida, curry leaves, green chillies, saute well.
- Add the roasted vermicelli, saute till the seasoning coats the vermicelli, add hot water, salt. Stir well and cover with a steam release lid and cook till done stirring the mix at regular intervals.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
- The version that I have posted is the simplest one. You can also add groundnut, cashewnuts roasted in ghee.