Phodnicha Bhath is a simple delicious maharashtrian recipe prepared with left over rice.
- 2 1/2 cups leftover cooked rice separated with a fork
- 3 to 4 green chillies finely chopped (adjust to taste)
- 4 to 5 curry leaves
- 1/2 cup onion chopped thinly lengthwise
- 1 potato , peeled and chopped lengthwise and then quartered into thin slices
- 2 tbsp oil
- 3/4th tsp mustard seeds
- A pinch of asafoetida
- 1/4th tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 Lime juice to sprinkle (optional)
- Coriander leaves finely chopped to garnish
- Heat oil in a pan /wok. Add mustard seeds, when they splutter add asafoetida and curry leaves. Add green chillies, saute well and add turmeric powder, saute add potatoes and onions, saute till transluscent.
- When cooked add salt and cooked rice. Stir fry well, till the mix coats the rice. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes stirring well. If you like the flavour of lime , sprinkle lime juice over the rice. Saute well and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot as is or with a lemon wedge or with pickle of your choice.
- Tastes best when prepared with leftover rice.