Piyush is a delectable, delicious beverage made by blending Amrakhand and Buttermilk. A regular in the uphaar gruhas in Thane, Mumbai this awesome beverage soothes the throat in this scorching hot weather.
- 1 cup Amrakhand(Mango Shrikhand)
- Approximately 11/4th to 11/2 cups thick buttermilk(you can blend curds along with water also)
- 1 to 11/2 tbsp powdered sugar( adjust to taste)
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- A pinch of nutmeg powder
- Saffron strands (optional)
- Chopped pistachios, almond slivers as per choice
- In a mixing bowl, combine amrakhand, buttermilk, powdered sugar in a bowl and blend till smooth and till the sugar dissolves. Add in some cardamom powder, nutmeg powder and blend. Refrigerate for atleast 11/2 hrs.
- Garnish with saffron strands, chopped pistachios and almond slivers and serve chilled.
- If using store bought amrakhand, it is sweeter than the one made at home. So first check the taste and then add sugar as required.