Guava raita is a simple mildly flavoured raita recipe and makes a tasty option on fasting days too.
- 1 ripe guava/ peru (the guava should neither be raw nor over ripe)
- 1 cup fresh thick curds
- Sugar to taste
- Salt to taste
- 1 green chilli finely chopped
- 1/4th tsp roasted cumin powder
- Wash the guava, pat dry and cut into small cubes. Whisk the curds well. Add sugar, salt green chilly and mix well. Add cubed guava and roasted cumin powder.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and garnish with coriander leaves. Serve chilled.
- Always use fresh curds to prepare raita.
- If you do not like the seeds then do not include the seedy core. I used the whole guava as I like the seedy part too in the raita.
- Add sugar only if the curds is tarter than you like.
THANK YOU FOR VISITING MY BLOG.