Tawa Fried Bhindi is a delicious recipe served as a side dish and is one of the easiest side dishes that goes well rotis, chapatis or even dal rice. Bhindi is high in fibre and antioxidants too. Do include bhindi in your regular diet.
- 200 gms small variety bhindi
- 2 tbsp rice flour
- 1 to 11/2 tbsp coarse semolina/ rawa
- Salt to taste
- A pinch of asafoetida
- 1/8 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp kashmiri chilli powder (adjust to taste)
- Oil for shallow frying
- Wash and dry the bhindi, cut off the edges and slit them vertically into two.
- Combine the mentioned ingredients well and stuff them into the bhindi till they are well coated.
- Heat an iron tawa and place the bhindi on it with the stuffed portion facing upwards.
- Leave oil from the sides and cook them over low heat till golden brown on each side. Pour a little oil from the sides when they need replenishing.
- The bhindi are done when they are evenly golden brown and crisp.
- Serve hot with dal rice or roti.
- Adding rawa makes the bhindi crispier.
- Using an iron tawa gives crisp bhindi.
THANK YOU FOR VISITING MY BLOG