During summers we prefer to have simple stirfries or vegetables that are easy on the stomach. French beans are a good source of folate,Vitamin K, Vitamin C and they boost immunity and a good source of fibre too. Do try and include french beans in your diet.Posting a simple french beans sabzi recipe that has
- 350 gms or approximately 2 cups fresh tender french beans chopped inti thin roundels
- 1 1/2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/8 tsp asafoetida
- 1/8 tsp + a pinch of turmeric powder
- 3 to 4 green chillies ( adjust to spice required)
- Salt to taste
- 11/2 tbsp fresh grated coconut to garnish
- 3 sprigs of coriander leaves finely chopped to garnish
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan. Add mustard seeds, when they splutter add asafoetida, green chillies, red chilly and turmeric powder, saute well. Add french beans and saute till the spices and oil coat the beans well. Then add salt and mix well.
- Cover and cook with steam release lid on low flame till done stirring frequently so that the beans do not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Garnish with fresh coconut and coriander leaves.
- Tender fresh finely chopped beans cook well under the steam released by the steam lid. No need to add water to cook it.
- If you are’nt in a hurry you could cook the vegetable without lid on low flame also to get a crispy effect. It will take a little extra time though to cook.Both ways this vegetable tastes good.
- DO NOT ADD WATER TO COOK THIS VEGETABLE.