Tawa fried drumsticks is a flavourful shallow fried drumstick recipe that goes well with dal rice or even as is. Drumsticks are extremely nutritious with high amounts of vitamins, calcium, magnesium. Do try and include drumsticks in your regular diet.
- 3 drumsticks
- 2 tbsp rice flour
- 1 to 11/2 tbsp coarse semolina/ rawa
- Salt to taste
- 1/8 tsp asafoetida
- 1/8 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp kashmiri chilli powder (adjust to personal taste)
- Oil for shallow frying
- Rinse the drumsticks and string them with a knife to remove any thick veins. Cut them into equal sized pieces say about finger length size. Slit each piece vertically into half and soak them in water.
- Combine the mentioned dry ingredients well. Remove the drumstick pieces,tip off excess water and coat them with the mix one by one, till they are well coated. Heat an iron tawa and place the drumstick pieces on it with cut part facing upwards.
- Leave oil from the sides and cook them over low heat till golden brown. Flip over gently and fry till goden brown and crisp. Leave a little oil from the sides when they need replenishing. The drumstick pieces are done when golden and crisp. You could also check by pricking them with the tip of a knife. If it slides in easily the drumsticks are done.
- Serve hot with dal rice or roti.
- Adding coarse rawa makes the drumsticks crispier. Use rawa that is used to prepare upma.
- Using an iron tawa gives crisp drumsticks.
- Keep the flame on low since iron tawa gets real hot and the fries may tend to get burnt easily.