Missi Roti is an unleavened flatbread variety made with a combination of whole wheat flour, gram flour along with the addition of spices and kasuri methi. It can be served as a breakfast dish accompanied with white butter or spicy chutney or along with sabzi or dal.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4th cup gram flour/besan
- 1/8 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp crushed cumin seeds
- 1/4th tsp crushed carom seeds/ajwain
- 2 tbsp finely chopped onion
- 1 tsp kasuri methi
- 2 green chillies finely chopped
- 2 tsp oil
- Salt to taste
- 6 sprigs of coriander leaves finely chopped
- Oil/ghee as required to smear the rotis
- Mix whole wheat flour and gram flour in a mixing bowl. Add turmeric powder, crushed cumin seeds, ajwain, onion, green chillies, kasuri methi, salt, coriander leaves, 2tsp oil. Add water as required to make a soft dough. Cover the dough with a damp cloth and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into equal portions and shape them into balls . Roll out each ball into a 6” circle on a lightly floured rolling board.
- Heat a non stick/ ceramic pan on medium heat and place the roti on it. Roast both the sides till golden on both sides.
- Smear the rotis with ghee or oil. Serve hot with white butter or chutney or even with dals or sabzis.