Winter fresh green garlic which is an immunity booster and has a lot of health benefits. Fresh garlic and coriander leaves together make an awesome combination for this flavourful refreshing chutney.
- 20 fresh garlic cloves + its stalks chopped fine
- 1/tsp cumin seeds
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 2 to 3 green chillies (adjust to spice required)
- 1 tsp lemon juice OR as per tang required
- Black salt OR Salt to taste
- Rinse the coriander leaves, green garlic well. Cut off the threadlike roots of the garlic, and chop the garlic and its stalks finely.
- Blend all the ingredients mentioned to a fine smooth paste in a blender adding very little water just enough to blend it into an even and thick paste.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. This spicy, tangy chutney tastes great with bhakris, as a chutney with dal rice, fried snacks and yes it can be used to prepare chutney sandwich too.
- If using the same to prepare chutney sandwich spread a thin coat of butter on the bread (so that the moisture in the chutney does not sink into the bread and make it soggy), then spread the chutney on it.