Sevai kheer is an instant, delicious traditional naivedyam recipe prepared from vermicelli and milk. Posting the same below.
- 1/2 tbsp ghee
- 1/2 cup sevai/ vermicelli
- 1/2 litre milk
- 2 tbsp sugar OR as per sweetness required
- 1/4th tsp cardamom powder
- A pinch of nutmeg powder
- 8 to 10 strands of saffron
- 8 to 10 cashews
- 6 to 8 raisins
- Heat a deep pan, add 1/2 tbsp ghee and roast the cashew pieces til golden brown,transfer to a plate and keep aside. Lightly roast the raisins and transfer to a plate. Roast 1/2 cup sevai in the same pan til light pink in color. DO NOT brown it.
- Add milk and bring to a boil, add sugar as per choice and cardamom powder. Let the vermicelli cook over low heat. Stir often till cooked. The kheer will thicken. Add a few strands of saffron(optional) for added flavour and colour and stir well. Serve hot garnished with roasted cashews, raisins,cardamom powder,a pinch of nutmeg powder and a few strands of saffron(optional).
- Serve hot or chilled with pooris or as a dessert.