A delicious, quick and easy soup recipe using maximum greens as the name suggests. This recipe was shared by Chef Devwrat Jategaonkar on a cookery show. I loved this recipe all the more because Chef Devwrat used a coarse paste of blanched corn along with a little cornflour paste for thickening the soup and yes it tasted really good. I thank him for sharing this quick and easy delectable recipe. I just tweaked the recipe a bit by adding a green chilli and a few drops of vinegar. I skipped adding cornflour paste. The soup had the consistency of a veg clear soup but it tasted yumm and yes this soup is good to soothe an aching throat too.
RECIPE CREDIT : Chef Devwrat Jategaonkar
- 2 tsp oil or butter
- 3 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 1 green chilli finely chopped(optional)
- 8 to 10 spinach leaves finely chopped
- 1 capsicum deseeded and cut into small cubes
- 150 grams fresh corn kernels
- 3 freshly crushed black pepper(as per spice required)
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp vinegar ( optional)
- Water as required
- Blanch the corn adding a pinch of turmeric( this brightens the colour of corn). Drain the water and coarsely grind 3/4th quantity of corn and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a deep container, add garlic, saute till you get its aroma, then add finely chopped green chilli, finely chopped spinach, capsicum cubes, saute well, add water(approximately 3 1/2cups), coarsely ground corn, corn kernels, salt and bring to a boil. Sprinkle crushed black pepper and vinegar and stir well. Serve piping hot.