A simple salad recipe that has a lot of health benefits. French beans contain a lot of dietary fiber, are low in calories and contain a lot of health promoting anti oxidants, so try and include it in your regular diet.
- 3/4th cup tender french beans cut into round thin slices
- 2 tbsp finely chopped onions
- 2 tbsp freshly grated coconut
- 1 or 2 green chillies paste(adjust to taste)
- Salt to taste
- Sugar to taste(optional)
- 1/4th juiice of lime or as per tang required
- Cook the thinly cut tender french beans in water to which a pinch of salt is added. Addition of salt brightens up the colour of the beans. Do not over cook it. It should be just cooked not totally cooked to retain the crunch. Drain the water, transfer the beans to a mixing bowl, add onions, chilli paste, salt, sugar and grated coconut. Mix well. Squeeze 1/4th lime juice, mix well.
- Serve as a salad along with dal rice or chapatis/ rotis.
- You can add 1 tbsp of roasted peanut powder as a variation.
- You could also temper it with cumin seeds and asafoetida in oil, but it tastes good without any tempering too.
- Sugar addition is by choice. The sweetness in grated coconut is also enough to give the required sweetness.
- Tender french beans cook faster and taste great in salads.