Mango Lassi is a healthy, cool, refreshing, sweet and tart beverage that is prepared from ripe, sweet mangoes and yoghurt. Simple and easy to prepare it tates best with Alphonso Mangoes, although any other variety will also do as each variety comes with its own special flavour and aroma.
- 1 cup chilled roughly chopped fresh alphonso mango cubes
- 1 cup chilled thick fresh curds
- 1 tbsp sugar (adjust to taste depending on the sweetness of mangoes)
- A few mango cubes to garnish
- Blend the mango cubes to a smooth pulp. Add curds, sugar and blend till smooth and creamy.
- Pour into glasses garnished with cubed mangoes. Serve immediately.
- For best taste and flavour use fresh mangoes.
- The colour of lassi depends on the colour of mango cubes.
- Lassi is actually quite thick but if you like thin consistency you can add 1/4th cup chilled milk while blending the lassi.
- You could garnish it with saffron strands and pistachios. I like the original flavour of mangoes so have added mango cubes.