This is a simple and flavourful raita recipe that goes well rotis, rice varities and tastes great as a dessert too.
- 1 1/2 cups fresh thick chilled curds
- 1 tbsp fresh blended cream ( I used Amul cream)
- 1 cup alphonso mango cubes
- A pinch of dry ginger powder (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Sugar to taste
- Whisk curds till smooth and creamy. Add dry ginger powder, salt and sugar and mix well. Add the mango cubes, mix well and serve chilled.
- Dry ginger powder aids digestion.
- Add sugar only if the curds is tarter than you like.
- The curds should be fresh and thick if not the raita will become watery and not taste good.
- The mango should be ripe and sweet.
- Adding cream adds to the flavour and texture of raita.