Coriander Rice is a delicious rice loaded with the goodness of coriander leaves.This recipe is quick and easy to make and tasty at the same time.
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 4 to 5 cloves of garlic
- 5 to 6 green chillies ( adjust to spice required)
- 1 medium onion very finely chopped
- 1 small carrot skin peeled, rinsed and chopped into small cubes
- 4 french beans rinsed and cut fine
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp caraway seeds or cumin seeds
- 2 piece of cinnamon
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cloves
- 2 strands of mace
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- Salt to taste
- Blanch the carrots and french beans in water with a pinch of salt and keep aside.
- Grind the coriander leaves, green chillies, garlic to a smooth paste and keep covered.
- Heat oil in a deep non stick/ceramic pan. Add bayleaf, cinnamon, cloves, mace and caraway seeds. When they crackle add onions and saute till golden. Add coriander leaves paste and saute well. Add the blanched vegetables,cooked rice,saute well till the rice is well coated, then add add salt and garam masala and stir.
- Serve hot with raita or mattha or buttermilk.
- Cooking rice by open pot method gives fluffy rice.
- Adding lime juice to the rice while cooking gives a bright look to the rice. It does not alter the flavour of rice.
- Sauteing the rice in oil and then adding hot water gives separate grains of rice.