Summer calls in for cool and refreshing salads, raitas. Bananas have a host of nutrients and and the sweet, tart and spicy flavour gives a perfect blend to the raita.
- 2 ripe bananas ( I used elaichi banana)
- 1 cup fresh chilled curds
- 1 green chilly finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Sugar to taste
- Finely chopped coriander leaves to garnish
- 1 tsp lime juice (optional)
- Peel the bananas, cut into thin roundels. Sprinkle lime juice, mix it well and keep aside. In a mixing bowl, combine fresh curds, whisk well, add chopped bananas, green chilly chopped, salt, sugar and coriander leaves. Mix well.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature with rotis or even dal rice.
- Sprinkling lime juice prevents the banana from discolouration.It does not change the basic flavour of the raita.
- Always use fresh curds to prepare raita.