Curd rice is a simple, refreshing one dish meal that’s soothing and comforting at the same time. Quick and easy to make curd rice is a filling dish.There are many variations to this recipe, some with the addition of cucumber or pomegranate. The one I’m posting is spicy with the slight sweetness of sugar(that’s very much optional) and tartness of curds.
- 2 cups fresh whisked curds(chilled or at room temperature, as per choice)
- 1 1/4th cup rice cooked and cooled at room temperature
- 2 to 3 green chillies(as per choice), 1/2″ piece of ginger and 2 sprigs of coriander leaves ground to a paste
- 1 1/2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 6 curry leaves
- 2 dry red chillies chopped
- Salt to taste
- Sugar to taste (optional)
- In a mixing bowl add cooked rice and mash it lightly. Add the ground paste,curds, salt and sugar. Mix well and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a seasoning pan, add mustard seeds. When they splutter add curry leaves, dry red chillies, saute. Pour the tempering over the curd rice and mix well.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature with pickle of your choice. Tastes great either ways.
- Use fresh curds to prepare curd rice.
- The texture of curd rice should’nt be dry. The quantity of curds should be a little more than the rice.So adjust proportions accordingly.