Aloo paratha is an unleavened flatbread stuffed with potatoes.A simple filling breakfast/ brunch recipe.
- 3 medium sized potatoes, boiled, peeled and mashed well
- Approximately 2 1/2 cups wholewheat flour + for dusting
- Water as required to knead the dough
- 2 tsp oil to be added while kneading the dough + oil to shallow fry the parathas
- 3 green chillies crushed in a mortar and pestle
- 4 pods of garlic and 1/2 ginger ground to a paste
- 1/2 tsp crushed pomegranate seeds
- 5 sprigs of coriander leaves finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- In a mixing bowl add the flour, salt and 2 tsp oil and mix well. Add water as required and knead into a stiff dough. Cover with a moist clean cloth and keep covered for about 30 minutes.
- In another bowl mix in mashed potatoes, green chillies crushed, ginger garlic paste,pomegranate seeds, coriander leaves and salt to taste. Divide into equal portions.
- Also divide the dough into as many portions as the potato filling and shape them into balls and keep them covered with a moist clean cloth.Roll out a portion of the dough on a lightly dusted rolling board into a small circle. Place a portion of the filling in the centre and pull the dough up to cover the filling.Gently seal the edges, and roll it into a 6″ paratha on the rolling board gently dusting a little wheatflour if required.
- Heat a tawa, place the paratha on it and cook it on low to medium heat on both sides. Spread 1 tsp oil on one side of the paratha,flip it over and spread another tsp of oil on the other side. Let both sides be cooked till golden brown. Repeat the same with rest of the dough and potato mix.
- Serve hot with yogurt to which a crushed green chilli and salt to taste is added and a dash of white butter.