A chilled, sweet and tangy yogurt salad with the freshness of orange and sweet lime, loaded with Vitamin C is right for this very hot summer. Just like pineapple raita this raita tastes great with spiced rice varieties.
- 1 1/2 cup fresh curds
- 1/2 sweet lime
- 1/2 orange
- Salt to taste
- Sugar to taste
- Wash the orange, sweet lime, dry it, peel the skin. Separate the segments, peel the skin of the segments, discard the seeds and make about 2 to 3 pieces from each slice. Keep aside.
- Whisk curds in a mixing bowl, add salt, sugar , mix well add orange and sweet lime pieces. Mix well,transfer to a serving bowl, cover and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
- Serve chilled with masale bhath, pulao, biryani or even as raita with dal rice or roti sabzi. I served it with cauliflower rice/ bhath.
- Always use fresh curds to prepare raita.
- You could sprinkle a pinch of black pepper for a variation in taste.