With temperatures rising I’m posting a refreshing tangy, sweet raita recipe that I first tasted at Hotel Shreyas, Pune. I liked the combination of cucumber and pomegranate kernels in chilled curds and it tasted great with Masale Bhath.
- 1/2 cup fresh pomegranate kernels
- 1/2 cup cubed cucumber (rinse cucumber, peel the skin and cut into small cubes)
- 11/2 cup fresh thick curds
- Sugar to taste
- Salt to taste
- Whisk thick curds, salt and sugar and keep aside.
- Add the cubed cucumber and pomegranate kernels to the curds. Mix well and refrigerate.
- Serve chilled with spicy pulao, biryani, masale bhath or even rotis.
- Add sugar only if the curds is tarter than you like. The sweetness of the pomegranate kernels is enough to give the sweetness to the raita.