We always like variation in recipes and try to go in for healthier options. The smoky flavour of brinjals adds relish to the recipe.
- 1 large green oblong brinjal (the one used for bhareet)
- 2 to 3 spring onion whites finely chopped
- 1 tbsp roasted and coarsely ground peanut powder
- 3 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 6 pods of garlic crushed in a mortar and pestle
- 2 to 3 green chillies finely chopped (adjust spice as per individual taste)
- Spring onion greens and coriander leaves to garnish
- Salt to taste
- Rinse the brinjal and dry it with a cloth. Smear a little oil to the whole brinjal and roast it on direct flame on all sides evenly.
- When the skin is charred,remove from flame,cool it and peel the skin and then mash the roasted brinjal well.
- Heat oil in a nonstick /ceramic pan, add mustard seeds, when they splutter add garlic saute till you get the aroma then add green chillies,stir and add onions and saute for a minute.Add mashed brinjal and salt and cook for another minute. Add peanut powder, mix well.
- Switch off the flame. Garnish with coriander leaves aand spring onion greens.
- Serve as a salad along with dal rice or bhakri/roti.
THANK YOU FOR VISITING MY BLOG.