I’m posting a simple pasta recipe that does not require any sauce and is prepared with a dash of garam masala.
- 100 gms pasta / penne (you can use any kind of pasta)
- 1 onion finely sliced lengthwise
- 1 tomato finely sliced lengthwise
- 1/2 small green bell pepper sliced finely legthwise
- 1/2 small yellow bell pepper sliced finely lengthwise
- 1/2 small red bell pepper sliced finely lengthwise
- 2 to 3 tbsp oil (adjust to individual choice)
- 5 cloves of garlic, 1/4th” piece of ginger, 1 green chilly and 1 sprig of coriander leaves ground to a paste
- 1/8 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp kashmiri chilli powder( adjust to taste)
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- Salt to taste
Basic method of cooking pasta :
I used Blue Bird brand Pasta / Penne.
IT IS BEST TO REFER PACK INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO COOK PASTA AS THEY MAY VARY WITH DIFFERENT BRANDS.
Boil 1 litre water in a deep pan. Add atleast 2 tsp salt and 100gms of pasta.The salt flavour adds taste to the pasta. Stir well occassionally. Pasta takes around 6 to 8 minutes to cook. Test the pasta, it should be al dente(a little chewy).Drain the water as soon as it is cooked. Rinse through cold water to stop further cooking. Transfer to a flat plate, separate it with a fork and set aside.
- Cook pasta in lots of water to ensure the pasta does not stick to each other.
- Pasta should be added to boiling water to get perfect results.
- Cooking the pasta in salt water adds flavour to the pasta.
- As the pasta cooks keep stirring occassionally so that it does not stick to each other.
- Always follow instructions on the pasta pack but do check it and test it and taste it before draining the water to ensure that it is cooked properly(al dente).
- Heat oil in a nonstick/ceramic pan. Add onions and saute till transluscent. Add ginger, garlic, green chilly, coriander leaves paste, saute till you get the aroma.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, mix well add tomatoes and saute till soft. Add green, yellow, red bell peppers and stir fry. Add salt,garam masala, mix well, add cooked pasta and saute well till the masala coats the pasta. Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot as a snack or brunch.
THANK YOU FOR VISITING MY BLOG