Strawberry Shrikhand is a recipe where fresh strawberries are added to yoghurt that adds ultimate flavour to it.
- 2 cups thick curds made with full cream milk(It should be a little sour)
- Powdered sugar (adjust to individual taste and also depending in the sweetness of the strawberries)
- 6 fresh strawberries chopped or as per choice
- Fresh strawberry pieces to garnish
- Place the thick curds on a muslin cloth, tie it in a bundle and place in a siever with a weight on top to drain for atleast three hours untill the water content (whey) has drained off in a deep container below.
- In a mixing bowl combine the hung curds, sugar,and strawberry pieces and blend the mix using a blender in spurts to get an even creamy texture. DO NOT run the blender for long at one go as it can result in a runny shrikhand.
- Refrigerate covered for at least an hour.
- Serve chilled or even at room temperature garnished with strawberry pieces with hot puris or even as a sweet dessert.
- The thickness and sweetness of the shrikhand depends on individual taste. Some like it sweet while some like it sweet and tart. Adjust taste accordingly.
Procedure and TIP to prepare thick curds :
- Boil milk in a pan, switch off flame and set aside till it cools down to room temperature.
- Line the insides of the bowl with yoghurt and then add the milk and another tsp of yoghurt and stir. This tip will result in thick curds. Keep aside in a warm place for atleast 8 to 10 hours to set.
- Use warm milk in winter and milk at room temperature in summer to set curds.