Fruit custard is one delicious dessert of fresh mixed fruits with custard.
- 3 tbsp custard powder
- 500 ml milk
- 4 tbsp sugar ( adjust to taste)
- 1 1/2 cup fresh mixed fruits of your choice cut into pieces. I have added red apple, green apple, pomegranate kernels, strawberries, pear, banana and black grapes
Basic method to prepare the custard :
- Take 3 tbsp of custard powder in a mixing bowl. Add about 125 ml ( approximately 1 tea cup) of boiled and cooled milk to the custard powder. Mix in to make a smooth paste. There should be no lumps.
- Boil the rest of the milk, add sugar and stir till it dissolves. Keeping the flame low slowly add custard powder paste to the milk.
- Stir continuously to avoid burning it at the bottom and let it cook for approximately 2 to 3 minutes. It will start thickening. Switch off the flame and let it cool.
- Once cool add chopped fruits of your choice. Serve chilled or as is, tastes great either ways.
- You could follow pack instructions to prepare custard as they may vary with different brands. I used Pillsburry vanilla custard powder.