With fresh fenugreek leaves and green peas in season the combination of fenugreek leaves and peas in pulao make a great variation in rice variety.
- 1 cup long grained rice
- 2 cups water or as required to cook the rice
- 3/4 th cup methi/ fenugreek leaves
- 1/2 cup blanched fresh green peas
- 1 tomato finely chopped
- 1 big onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp oil
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 1/2″ piece of ginger
- 5 green chillies(adjust to spice required)
- 1/8 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- Salt to taste
- Wash the rice atleast thrice to let go off the excess starch.Soak the rice in water for 10 minutes. Drain the water and keep aside.
- Transfer the rice to a deep pan, add double the quantity of water (or as required) a pinch of salt and cook the rice till all the water is absorbed. Fluff up the rice and transfer the rice to a flat plate and separate it with a fork and keep aside.
- Grind ginger, garlic, green chillies to a smooth paste and keep aside.In a nonstick/ceramic pan heat oil,add onion and saute till transluscent.
- Add the ginger, garlic, green chilly paste,saute well till you get the aroma,add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, methi leaves and saute till they wilt, then add tomatoes and saute till soft.
- Add blanched peas,garam masala, saute then add rice and mix well till the spices coat the rice.
- Serve hot with raita of your choice.