Carrot Koshimbir is a healthy salad recipe which is usually served as an accompaniment with dal rice and rotis.
- 3 carrots rinsed,skin peeled, rinsed again and grated
- 2 tbsp coarsely ground roasted peanuts
- 1 tbsp ghee/ oil
- 2 green chillies chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Squeeze of half a lime
- 3 to 4 curry leaves
- A pinch of asafoetida
- Sugar to taste
- Salt to taste
- 2 sprigs of chopped coriander leaves to garnish
- Place grated carrots in a mixing bowl. Add salt and sugar.
- Heat ghee in a seasoning wok, pop in cumin seeds,when they crackle add asafoetida, chopped green chillies and curry leaves.Pour over the carrot mix.
- Sprinkle lime juice. Add peanut powder. Mix well. Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve with rotis or even dal rice.
- Mixing in the peanut powder just before serving retains the crunchiness of the salad.