- 30 leaves of tender palak/spinach leaves
- Approximately 3/4th cup whole wheat flour(or as much as it fits into the palak puree)
- 11/2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 5 to 6 green chillies ground to a paste(adjust to taste)
- 1 tsp oil +1 tsp oil
- Salt to taste
- Oil/ ghee to roast the paranthas
- Blanch the palak leaves in boiling water for 2 minutes to which a pinch of salt is added(This will retain the color of the leaves) . Drain the water and pass the leaves through cold water,drain and squeeze out the excess water and blend it to a thick puree.
- Remove the puree,add ginger garlic paste,salt and green chilli paste, and a tsp of oil. Add whole wheat flour(as much as it fits into the puree).
- DO NOT add water (it’ll change colour). Knead into a soft,pliable dough.Apply a little oil and cover with a damp cloth and keep aside for 30minutes.Knead the dough again and make equal portions.
- Roll out each portion into paranthas. Heat a tawa/skillet,place the parantha,turn it over and then drizzle oil/ghee around it. Flip over and spread a little more oil. Cook till both sides are cooked.
- Serve hot with raita,spiced curds or pickle of your choice.
- Once you make the palak puree do not keep it exposed to air for long as it’ll change colour and also it’ll give a slight bitter taste. Once you prepare the puree immediately knead the dough.
- If you roast the parathas on an iron tawa you get the perfect look and taste too.
- Goes well with chilli curd dip.