Carrot Halwa / Gajar Halwa
A very Happy New Year Friend$$$$. Starting the new year on a sweet note with season’s special Gajar Halwa that is loved by all. A versatile recipe that can be prepared in a number of ways.
- 3 1/2 cups (approximately 600 grams) fresh tender juicy grated carrots
- 8 to 9 tbsp sugar ( adjust to sweetness required)
- 10 tbsp grated khoya(mava)(I used store bought khoya)
- 1 tbsp chopped almonds
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder + to sprinkle while garnishing
- 1 tbsp ghee + 2 tsp ghee to add while cooking
- Wash the carrots, peel the skin, rinse and grate them. Heat ghee in a nonstick/ ceramic pan,add the grated carrots,mix well and cover with a steam release lid and cook on low to medium flame till soft stirring frequently.
- Once soft add the khoya and mix well and keep stirring till it blends well with the carrots,then add sugar and cook till the mixture leaves the sides of the pan, add a tsp of ghee and cook till the halwa gives a fragrant smell. Finally add another tsp of ghee and mix well so that the halwa gets a nice glaze.
- Add cardamom powder, almonds and mix well. Serve hot garnished with a sprinkle of cardamom powder and chopped almonds.
THANK YOU FOR VISITING MY BLOG