Mattha is a Maharashtrian beverage that is relished during a meal and goes well with Dal Tandlachi Khichdi, Masale Bhath, Pulaos or even as is.
- 1 cup thick fresh curds to which approximately 2 cups of water is added and blended well
- 3/4th” piece of ginger and 1 small green chilly ground to a fine paste
- Salt to taste
- Sugar to taste
- 1 1/2 tsp ghee
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Finely chopped coriander leaves to garnish
- To the blended curds add ginger, green chilly paste, salt and sugar and mix thoroughly.
- Heat ghee in a seasoning pan,add cumin seeds. When they crackle pour the seasoning over the buttermilk. Add chopped coriander leaves, mix well and serve.
- Mattha goes well with rice varieties and tastes great even as is.
- Add sugar only if the curds is tarter than you like.