- 15 tender Lady’sfinger(bhindi) cut into thin roundels
- Approximately 2 to 3 tbsp oil to stir fry the bhindi
- 1 cup curds
- A pinch of black salt (Optional. It gives a nice tang to the raita)
- 1/4 tsp roasted cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 to 3 tbsp Oil to stir fry the bhindi
- 2 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 dry red chilli, deseeded and slit
- Wash the lady’s finger and pat dry totally. There should be no moisture. Cut the lady’s finger into thin roundels. In a nonstick pan stir fry bhindi in oil in batches till crisp. Remove and drain on absorbent paper and let it cool.
- Mix whisked curds, half the cumin powder mentioned and half the red chilli powder, salt and black salt(optional) in a mixing bowl. Transfer into a serving bowl and add the crisp bhindi, mix well.
- Garnish with a few crisp bhindi and sprinkle roasted cumin powder and chilli powder.
- In a nonstick seasoning pan heat oil,add mustard seeds,when they splutter add dry red chilly, saute and pour the seasoning over the raita.
- Serve raita immediately along with roti,side dish or with pulaos,biryani
- Prepaing the raita just before serving, will keep the stir fried bhindi crisp. If not they’ll become soft.
- Completely dry the bhindi before cutting and use a dry knife to cut it,the bhindi wont imaprt lot of stickiness.
- Stir frying the bhindi in oil also gives crisp bhindi just like deep fried bhindi.
- Always use fresh curds to prepare raita.