This recipe is a regular on fasting days. We always like to have something spicy on fasting days and this recipe goes very well with puris.
- 4 boiled potatoes, skin peeled
- 1 to 11/2 tbsp ghee
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 4 green chillies chopped and 1 green chilli to grind to a paste (as per individual taste)
- Salt to taste
- A pinch of sugar
- 3 tbsp freshly grated coconut
- Cut the boiled potatoes into small cubes. Grind 1 green chilli along with salt to a paste.
- Heat ghee in a nonstick/ ceeamic pan. Add cumin seeds. When it crackles add the ground chilli salt paste, saute well. Add grated coconut, saute, add the boiled potatoes, a pinch of sugar, and cook the vegetable on low flame for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve hot with fasting day rajgira puris.NOTE :
Many people do not use coriander leaves and curry leaves on fasting days. Add it only if you use, it gives added flavour to the bhaji.
THANK YOU FOR VISITING MY BLOG.