Spinach has a lot of fibre and yes proteins too. So I try and include it on a regular basis as often as I can. Palak raita is a tangy spicy raita recipe that goes well with rice varieties as well as rotis/ chapatis.
- 12 tender palak/spinach leaves
- 2 tsp oil
- 3 to 4 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 green chilly finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp roasted cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- 11/2 cups fresh thick curds
- Salt to taste
- 2 pinches black salt (optional)
- Heat a little water with a pinch if salt in a container, add cleaned and washed spinach leaves. Drain excess water after 2 minutes, transfer the palak leaves into a container with chilled water. This will the retain the colour of the leaves. Squeeze out water from the leaves, chop them into strips and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan add chopped garlic,saute till golden and till you get the aroma,then add blanched and chopped palak leaves and chopped green chilli, half the quantity of cumin powder and saute for a minute. Let it cool to room temperature.
- In a mixing bowl whisk fresh thick curds to a smooth blend,add salt,palak mix and stir well.
- Referigerate for at least an hour. While serving sprinkle rest of the roasted cumin powder and red chilli powder and shredded blanched palak to garnish.
- Serve chilled with pararthas,rotis, pulao, biryani or even dal rice.
- Always use fresh curds to prepare raita.
- While choosing palak leaves see that they are fresh,tender and crisp. The leaves should have no holes.
THANK YOU FOR VISITING MY BLOG.