Mushroom tikka is a starter recipe where mushrooms and veg cubes are marinated in spiced yogurt and grilled to perfection.
- 10 to 12 mushrooms ( Remove the stems gently, rinse the mushrooms well and pat dry)
- Cubed onion, cubed tomato, cubed capsicum ( as per choice. Deseed the tomato and capsicum)
- 2 to 3 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 cup hung curds whisked well (If not available you can keep curds in a strainer for half an hour. The excess water will drain down. Use the curds in the strainer)
- 2 tsp coriander cumin powder
- 1/8 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp Kashmiri chilli powder (as per spice required. It’ll also give the colour required for the tikka)
- 3 tsp kasoori methi (as per choice)
- 1 to 2tsp roasted gram flour(besan)
- Salt to taste
- 2 to 3 tsp oil to brush over while grilling
- Chat masala to sprinkle on top of ready mushroom tikka (optional)
- Mix all ingredients except mushrooms,vegetable cubes and chat masala to a fine blend. Apply an even coat of this marinade to the mushrooms and other vegetables(onion,capsicum, tomato) and keep aside to marinate for 20 minutes.
- Thread one piece of mushroom, onion, capsicum, tomato onto a skewer.Repeat the same with other ingredients on other skewers. Brush up a little oil on the mushrooms and vegetables and grill till done.
Method 1 to grill:
- Grill the mushrooms and vegetables on a barbeque grill.
Method 2 to grill:
- Heat oil in a nonstick/ ceramic tawa/griddle and cook the marinated vegetables on all sides till the mushroom and vegetables are golden.
Method 3 to grill :
- Place the marinated mushrooms and vegetables on a wire rack in a preheated oven at 200 degree C and grill till done( approximately 12 to 15 minutes)
Method 4 :
- You can grill the mushrooms and vegetables on a portable gas tandoor.
Place the grilled vegetable skewers on a plate sprinkle a little chat masala (optional) and serve this delicious hot starter with mint chutney and tomato onion capsicum salad.
- 10 to 12 leaves of mint ( pudina)
- 4 sprigs of coriander leaves
- 2 to 3 green chillies (as per choice)
- Salt to taste
- 10 to 12 tbsp Thick Curds
- Grind mint leaves, coriander leaves, chillies and salt to a smooth paste. Add the curds and blend well. Mint chutney is ready to be served