- 1 cup Long grained rice
- 3 to 4 tbsp Refined groundnut oil
- 4 to 5 tsp Ginger cut finely lengthwise
- 1 tsp lemon juice and 2 tsp oil required while cooking rice
- 3/4th cup capsicum ( I have used red, yellow and green bell peppers)cut finely lengthwise
- Salt as per taste
- 1/2 tsp White pepper powder (adjust to taste)
- 2 green chillies finely chopped
- 1 tsp vinegar
- Wash 1 cup rice 3 to 4 times to let go of excess starch and drain the water.Set aside for 30 minutes.
- Add four times the quantity of water in a heavy bottomed pan and boil it. Add the rice, 1 tsp lime juice and 2 tsps of oil.
- Let it boil and once the rice is cooked,drain off excess water, fluff up the rice with a fork and keep aside on a flat plate.The rice should be tender but not mushy.
- Heat oil in a wok and swirl it so that it coats the wok. I used a nonstick deep pan.When hot add ginger and stir fry. Add capsicum and stir fry till you get the aroma.
- Add chopped green chillies, saute them, add cooked rice, salt and white pepper powder.Toss well.
- Sprinkle vinegar and toss again. Switch off heat and serve hot.
- Wash basmati rice, drain the water and set aside for about 30min. This reduces cooking time.
- The rice should be tender but not mushy.
- Use refined groundnut oil to prepare Chinese Fried Rice. It gives a nice crunchiness to the rice. Also refined groundnut oil can sustain high temperature and chinese cooking involves cooking/ stirfrying on high flame.
- Adding 1 tsp lemon juice to the rice while cooking gives separate grains of rice as well as a brighter look to the rice.