Cluster beans are beneficial for cardio health, strengthening bones, help in maintaining blood sugar levels and cholesterol levels and are low in calories.
- 250 gms tender cluster beans ( Stringed, washed and chopped into 1″ pieces)
- 1 potato peeled and chopped into small cubes
- 2 onions chopped fine
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- A pinch of asafoetida
- 6 cloves of garlic crushed
- 11/2 to 2 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder( adjust to taste)
- 1/8 tsp turmeric powder
- Jaggery to taste (optional, but it tastes very good when jaggery is added)
- Salt to taste
- Chopped coriander leaves to garnish
- Boil water with a pinch of salt in a deep pan just enough to soak the beans. Add the beans and boil for 2 to 3 minutes. Switch off gas, drain the water, wash the beans and keep aside.
- In a non stick/ ceramic pan heat oil add mustard seeds, when they splutter add a pinch of asafoetida, add crushed garlic, saute well then add chopped onion and saute till transluscent.
- Then add turmeric powder, red chilli powder saute well add potato cubes, cluster beans , saute well. Add jaggery (optional), salt and water just enough to cook the vegetables.
- Cover and cook with a steam lid till cooked. Garnish with coriander leaves.
- The beans need to be stringed. Hold one end of the bean and pull it on the opposite end. The outer string comes out. Repeat the same with the opposite end. Wash the beans and cut into 1″ pieces.
- Choose tender cluster beans, as mature beans are hard and fibrous.
THANK YOU FOR VISITING MY BLOG