- 1 cup fresh grated coconut
- 4 tbsp garden cress seeds
- 1/2 cup jaggery (adjust to taste and sweetness of jaggery. I have used organic jaggery)
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- A pinch of nutmeg powder
- 1 cup coconut water OR regular water
- 8 to 10 roasted cashews to garnish
- Almonds and raisins can also be used.
- Soak the water cress seeds in water for approximately 2hours. They will swell up.
- In a nonstick/ ceramic pan mix coconut, jaggery, soaked water cress seeds and cook on low flame till the mix thickens and all the moisture dries up and the water cress seeds get cooked.Stir continuously. Cool and shape into laddoos. Garnish with roasted cashews.
- Store in an airtight comtainer in the referigerator as fresh coconut is used. Its best to prepare these laddoos in small quantities and eaten fresh.