With Diwali round the corner and winter setting in, I thought of making nutritious whole wheat laddoos with the added flavour of edible gum/dink as dink is very nutritious and should be consumed in winter.
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3/4th cup melted ghee + extra ghee if required
- 50 gms edible gum crystals/dink
- 1 cup + 1 tbsp powdered sugar (adjust to sweetness required)
- 3/4th tsp cardamom powder
- Heat the melted ghee in a deep bottomed pan, add the edible gum/dink crystals and fry them till they all puff up. Remove and drain on absorbent paper. Cool and grind to a fine powder. To the rest of the ghee add whole wheat flour and roast it on low flame continuously till you get the aroma of roasted wheat flour and till it changes colour. Set aside to cool.
- Mix the cooled whole wheat flour, crushed edible gum and powdered sugar and cardamom powder. Shape into small lemon sized balls.
- Patience is required to bind these laddoos as they tend to break even on a little extra pressure. If you are not able to bind them add a little melted ghee a little at a time and then bind them.
- Store the laddoos in an airtight container at room temperature.
- This proportion makes approximately 35 laddoos.
- Use small sized dink crystals as they get fried evenly and properly.
THANK YOU FOR VISITING MY BLOG