A simple grilled sandwich made of two triangular sandwich bread slices filled with a blend of cheese spread, spicy green chutney and finely chopped capsicum.
- 2 Triangular slices of sandwich bread( with edges cut off)
- Butter as required
- 4 tbsp cheese spread(I used Amul plain cheese spread)
- 1/2 small capsicum chopped fine
- 1 tsp thick green chutney(as per spice required)
To serve :
- Tomato ketchup as required
- Green chutney
- The cheese spread dip
- 1 cup chopped coriander leaves
- 4 sprigs of mint leaves
- 4 green chillies(adjust to spice required)
- 2 cloves of garlic( optional)
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Approximately 1 to 2 tbsp water or as required to make a thick smooth paste
- Blend all the mentioned ingredients to make a thick chutney and keep aside. The chutney should be thick if not the sandwiches will get soggy.
METHOD TO PREPARE GRILLED SANDWICH
- Mix cheese spread, finely chopped capsicum and chutney(as to how spicy you want it) smoothly.
- Apply butter on both slices of bread. Then spread a generous amount of cheese spread mix on each slice.
- Gently place the slices with cheese mix coated sides facing each other. Grease the grilled sandwich toaster with butter and also brush up a little butter on the plain sides of the bread. Grill till done.
- Remove it and cut the sandwich into two and serve immediately with tomato ketchup, green chutney and the remaining cheesy dip.
Variation to the recipe :
- Grate cheese on top of the sandwich for added flavour.
- Always apply a coat of butter to bread slice and then apply chutney. This prevents the moisture in the chutney from sinking into the bread.
- The quantity mentioned to prepare chutney gives more than half cup of chutney after blending. Adjust quantities depending on how many sandwiches you want to make.