Piyush is a delectable, delicious thick beverage made by combining buttermilk and shrikhand.
- 1 cup Kesar Elaichi Shrikhand (regular elaichi shrikhand also will do, only add a few strands of kesar to a little warm milk and keep aside for sometime till the color of kesar sinks in, then add to the elaichi shrikhand)
- 1 1/2 cups thick fresh buttermilk(you can blend fresh curds also)
- 1 to 1 1/2 tbsp powdered sugar( adjust to individual taste)
- A pinch of nutmeg powder
- A pinch of cardamom powder
- Saffron strands (optional)
- Combine shrikhand, buttermilk, sugar, cardamom, nutmeg in a bowl and blend well till smooth and till sugar dissolves. Referigerate for atleast 11/2 hrs. Garnish with saffron and a pinch of nutmeg and cardamom.
- If using branded/ readymade shrikhand,it is sweeter than the one made at home. So check balance of flavours before adding sugar. Tastes best if made with home made shrikhand.
THANK YOU FOR VISITING MY BLOG.