- 1/4 kg tender small bhindi/ lady’s finger
- 1/2 to3/4th cup OR 5 tbsp gramflour/besan
- 3 to 4 tbsp oil(approximately)
- A pinch of asafoetida
- 1 tsp Coriander Cumin powder
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- 2 to 3 tsp Kashmiri Chilli powder (adjust to individual spice required)
- Salt to taste
- Finely chopped coriander leaves to garnish
- Heat a nonstick pan,add besan and roast it til it becomes fragrant.The besan should be roasted properly to let go of its rawness. Switch off the flame add turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander cumin powder, salt and let it cool. Then add chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
- Wash and pat dry the bhindi, trim the ends and slit them lengthwise into half. Fill the slits with the roasted besan mix . Heat oil in a non stick pan ,add a pinch of asafoetida and place the bhindi on the pan,sprinkle the excess filling if any and cook UNCOVERED on low to medium flame. Turn over after sometime.Replenish with oil if required and cook till crisp and done.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.Serve hot as a side dish with rotis or steaming hot dal rice.
- Do not cover the pan, else the bhindi wil not become crisp.
- Always roast besan before preparing stuffed vegetable recipes.
- If you want the color of the bhindi to be brownish add regular chilli powder.
- Kashmiri chilli powder gives the red colour to the bhindi.
THANK YOU FOR VISITING MY BLOG.