Rice Payasam/Kheer is the simplest, easiest and classic traditional festive recipe offered as naivedyam and loved by one and all.
- 1/2 cup raw rice( I used long grained rice)
- Jaggery as per individual taste
- 11/2 cup fresh coconut milk(or as required) to which 11/2 tsp of rice flour is added and mixed well so that it does not split when heated.
- 1/8 tsp cardamom powder
- A pinch of nutmeg powder
- 8 to 10 cashews roasted in 1 tsp of ghee
- 8 to 10 Raisns
- Rinse the rice well to let go of the excess starch. Drain the water and keep aside for 20 minutes.
- Heat approximately 11/2 cup water, add the rice and let it cook. Once done add the coconut milk and crushed jaggery and bring to a boil. Add cardamom powder, nutmeg powder and garnish with fried cashews and raisins.
- Serve hot or warm as a sweet with lunch/dinner or as a dessert too.
- Adding 11/2 tsp of rice flour is important, if not the coconut milk may split when heated.
THANK YOU FOR VISITING MY BLOG.