A refreshing raita recipe thats quick,easy and delicious at the same time.
- 1 cup fresh pineapple pieces
- 11/4th cup fresh thick curds
- Sugar to taste + 11/2 tsp sugar to cook the pineapple pieces
- Salt to taste
- A pinch of crushed black pepper to sprinkle (optional to be added only if you like)
- Whisk thick curds, salt and sugar and keep aside.
- In a separate container heat a little water ( just enough to cook the pineapple not more)add sugar and pineapple pieces and cook it for about 5 minutes.The pieces should be soft but not mushy. The pineapple pieces will get a glossy look too. Drain the exess water if any.
- Add these pineapple pieces to the curds. Mix well and referigerate.
- Sprinkle a pinch of crushed black pepper before serving.
- Serve chilled with spicy pulao, biryani or even rotis.
- I do not use the central core of the pineapple. Pineapple is sweet and tart in taste. Also eating it raw may irritate the throat to some (it does to me). So I cook it in water to which sugar is added and yes it does taste good.You can add it raw if you like it that way. If using canned pineapple then skip cooking it.
- I like raitas with a tinge of spice be it green chilli, chilli powder or black pepper. I liked the flavour of black pepper to this raita.
THANK YOU FOR VISITING MY BLOG