The very delectable and most loved by one and all PAV BHAJI.
- 2 to 3 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp butter ( as per individual taste) + butter to be added while serving
- 8 to 10 cloves of garlic, a small piece of ginger, 1 green chilly, 2 sprigs of coriander leaves
- 1 to 2 tsp Kashmiri chilli powder ( as per individual taste)
- 1/4th tsp turmeric powder
- 3 to 4 tsp Pav bhaji masala (Adjust as per taste)
- Salt to taste
- 3 medium sized potatoes boiled and mashed well
- 1/4 cup green peas ( blanched and ground to a paste without adding water)
- 1/4 cup very finely chopped capsicum
- 1/2 to 3/4th cup very finely chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup very finely chopped onions
- 1/2 tsp to 1 tsp dry mango powder (adjust to taste as to how tangy you want it)
- Finely chopped coriander leaves to garnish
- Butter as required
- Pav as required
- Lemon wedges
- Coriander leaves to garnish
- Finely chopped onions to serve
- Heat a nonstick pan add oil,add onions saute till onions turn transluscent. Add ginger garlic green chilly coriander leaves paste, saute well, add finely chopped capsicum, stir well then add turmeric and half the quantity of red chilli powder and half the quantity of pav bhaji masala.
- Stir continuously add tomatoes, saute well,add green peas paste, stir, finally add mashed potatoes. Mix well and then add a little water to get an even mix. Then add butter and salt and rest of the red chilli powder,pav bhaji masala and dry mango powder and water to get the desired consistency.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes, add butter as per choice, sprinkle a little pav bhaji masala and garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves. Set aside.
- Heat a nonstick/ ceramic tawa/ skillet add 1 tsp butter and slit a pav open and place it on the tawa. Spread the butter evenly over the pav till its evenly coated. Serve the pav with hot bhaji,a dash of butter,very finely chopped onions and lemon wedge and serve immediately garnished with coriander leaves.
- The quantity of pav bhaji masala and chilli powder depends on how strong and spicy the flavour of pav bhaji masala is. Each brand has its own flavour. Please adjust accordingly.
- For a richer taste top it with grated cheese , tastes great too.Pav Bhaji tastes best when served hot.
- Add capsicum after onions are sauted so that the strong flavour of capsicum is nullified.
- Adding red chilli powder, pav bhaji masala and butter in stages gives colour as well as added flavour to the pav bhaji.I lyk spicy Pav bhaji,hence have added extra amount of Kashmiri chilli powder.Hence the dark colour. The colour of pav bhaji also depends on the colour of pav bhaji masala and colour of chilli powder used.
- Pav bhaji is a very versatile recipe.
- Friends living in Thane do check out the local brand K G Wanage Pav bhaji masala, it lends the perfect taste to the pav bhaji.
THANK YOU FOR VISITING MY BLOG