Tawa fried drumsticks is a flavourful recipe that goes well with dal rice or even as is. Drumsticks are extremely nutritious with high amounts of vitamins, calcium, magnesium. Do try and include drumsticks in your regular diet.
- 3 drumsticks
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1 to 11/2 tbsp semolina/ rawa
- Salt to taste
- A pinch of asafoetida
- 1/8 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp kashmiri chilli powder (adjust to personal taste)
- Oil for shallow frying
- Wash the drumsticks and string them with a knife to remove any thick veins. Cut them into equal sized pieces say about finger length size. Slit each piece vertically into half and soak them in water.
- Combine the mentioned ingredients well. Remove the drumstick pieces,tip off excess water and coat them with the mix one by one, till they are well coated. Heat a cast iron tawa and place the pieces on it.
- Leave oil from the sides and cook them over low to medium heat till golden brown on each side. Pour a little oil from the sides when they need replenishing. The drumstick pieces are done when golden and crisp.
- Serve hot with dal rice or roti.
- Adding rawa makes the drumsticks crispier.
- Using a cast iron tawa gives crisp drumsticks.
THANK YOU FOR VISITING MY BLOG