- 1 cup long grained rice
- 2 tbsp oil/ghee
- 2 tbsp cumin seeds(jeera) OR carawayseeds (shahijeera)
- Khada Masala(1bayleaf,a piece of cinnamon,5 to 6 cloves, 6 to 8 black pepper, 1 badi/masala elaichi, 2 strands mace)
- Salt to taste
- Finely chopped coriander leaves to garnish
- Wash the rice well at least thrice to get rod of excess starch and soak the rice for 20 minutes. Drain excess water and keep aside. Boil water to which a tsp of oil is added. When the water starts boiling add rice and cook till the rice is soft but firm.
- Drain the excess water in a container and keep the rice on a flat plate. Separate the cooked rice graind with a fork and keep aside.
- In a nonstick/ceramic pan heat oil/ghee add bayleaf, badi elaichi, cloves, cinnamon and black pepper and mace. Then add cumin seeds or caraway seeds. When they crackle add the cooked rice, salt and saute well.
- Finally garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot with dal of your choice.
- The water that is drained after the rice is cooked should be consumed with a pinch of salt as it is highly nutritious. Do not dispose the water.
THANK YOU FO VISITING MY BLOG