- 1/4 kg fresh tenderfrench beans chopped thinly
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 1 potato cut into small cubes
- 6 green chillies chopped fine ( adjust to spice required)
- 2 to 3 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/8 tsp asafoetida
- 1/8 to 1/4th tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp fresh grated coconut to garnish
- 3 sprigs of coriander leaves finely chopped to garnish
- Heat oil in a nonstick/ ceramic pan. Add mustard seeds, when they splutter add asafoetida, green chillies.
- Saute well add turmeric powder, onions. Saute well till transluscent. Add french beans, potato,salt and mix well.
- Cover and cook with steam release lid on low flame till done. Stir frequently so that the beans and potato cook well.
- Garnish with fresh coconut and coriander leaves.
- Tender fresh finely chopped beans cook well under the steam released by the steam lid. No need to add water to cook it.
If you are’nt in a hurry you could cook the vegetable without lid on low flame also to get a crispy effect. It will take a little extra time though to cook.
Both ways this vegetable tastes good.
DO NOT ADD WATER TO COOK THIS VEGETABLE.
THANK YOU FOR VISITING MY BLOG