Pomegranate raita is a flavourful raita filled with the crunchiness of pomegranate kernels.
- 1 cup fresh thick curds
- 1/4th cup fresh pomegranate kernels
- 6 to 8 fresh mint leaves
- 1/4th tsp roasted cumin powder(adjust to taste)
- A pinch of black salt (optional but it gives added flavour to the raita)
- Sugar to taste
- Salt to taste
- A few pomegranate kernels and 2 mint leaves to garnish
- In a mixing bowl whisk thick curds, add pomegranate kernels, black salt, roasted cumin powder,salt and sugar and mix well.
- Referigerate this mix for at least half an hour. Remove from referigerator, add fresh mint leaves (finely chopped)
- Mix well, check the flavour of raita and transfer to a serving bowl. Garnish with pomegranate kernels , mint leaves and serve chilled with pulav, biryanis etc.
- Add finely chopped fresh mint leaves just before serving because mint leaves turn black and also lose their flavour if chopped in advance.
- Always use fresh curds to prepare raita.
THANK YOU FOR VISITING MY BLOG