Corn cutlets are a delicious snack / starter and a great way to include corn in your diet.
- 3 big potatoes boiled and mashed (there should be no moisture)
- 1 cup sweet corn kernels blanched in water to which a pinch of turmeric and a pinch of salt is added and drained.(See that the corn kernels are totally free of moisture)
- 6 to 8 green chillies, a small piece ginger, 8 to 10 cloves of garlic and 1 tsp of pomegranate seeds ground to a paste ( adjust spice as per taste)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp Cornflour
- Bread crumbs to add to the potato mix plus to roll the cutlets
- Finely chopped coriander leaves
- Blend sweet corn to a coarse paste (just switch on and off the mixer). The paste should be coarse. Transfer it to a bowl.
- Add green chillies ginger, garlic, pomegranate seed paste, mashed potato, coriander leaves chopped fine, cornflour and approximately 3tbsp bread crumbs and salt to taste.
- Mix well. Take a portion of the mix and shape into small cutlets. Roll into bread crumbs and dust excess crumbs.
- Make similar cutlets and deep fry in oil on medium flame till they are golden brown in colour on both sides. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve hot with mint chutney or tomato sauce.
- The mix should be totally free of moisture otherwise the cutlets will split in oil. See that the potatoes, corn kernels and coriander leaves do not contain moisture.
- If anardana seeds are not available you can add 1 tsp lime juice.
- Do not pressure cook the potatoes directly in water. Prick the potatoes with a fork and keep them in a container.
- Add water in the pressure cooker and keep the container in it and pressure cook. This way the potatoes stay free from moisture.
- Salt gives out moisture hence add salt just before you roll out the cutlets.
- Use stale bread to get crispier cutlets.
- Use oils with high smoke point for deep frying. Example : Refined
- A fistfull of mint leaves. Half the quantity of coriander leaves
- 4 green chillies (adjust to taste)
- 1 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- 5 cloves of garlic
- A small piece of ginger
- Salt to taste
- Grind the above mentioned ingredients to a smooth paste.
- Serve with starters of your choice or you can even use it as sandwich
Variations that can be used in place of pomegranate seeds :
- You can use lemon juice or grated raw mango instead of pomegranate seeds.
- Each variation will give you an unique taste.
- Blend the chutney just before serving the cutlets as it changes
colour if exposed to air for long.
THANK YOU FOR VISITING MY BLOG