Here boiled potatoes are cooked in fresh spices. A no onion no garlic recipe it makes a great side dish on fasting days or even otherwise. Its flavour and taste is delightful.
- 5 medium sized boiled potatoes, skin peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 1/2 to 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/8 to 1/4th tsp turmeric powder
- 1/8 tsp asafoetida
- 8 to 10 curry leaves
- 5 to 6 green chillies chopped fine (adjust to taste)
- 1 1/2 tsp finely chopped ginger
- Coriander leaves finely chopped to garnish
- 1/2 lime juice ( optional)
- Heat oil in a nonstick/ ceramic pan add mustard seeds, When they splutter add asafoetida,curry leaves, green chillies,ginger, turmeric powder and salt. Mix well.
- Add cubed potatoes, saute well till the spices coat the potatoes and garnish with coriander leaves.
- If you like a slight tangy flavour add a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Serve hot with puris or poli or even as a side dish with dal rice.
THANK YOU FOR VISITING MY BLOG