Phodnichi poli is a regular Maharashtrian breakfast prepared with stale chapatis/ rotis. An healthy way to use left over chapatis with spicy tempering.
- 2 cups stale chapatis roughly torn into small pieces
- 3 green chillies (adjust to taste) chopped fine
- 4 to 5 curry leaves
- 2 medium sized onions chopped finely lengthwise
- 1 potato, peeled and chopped lengthwise and then quartered into thin slices
- 3 to 4 tbsp. oil
- 1 tsp. mustard seeds
- A pinch of asafetida
- 1/8 tsp. turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 Lime juice to sprinkle (optional)
- Coriander leaves finely chopped to garnish
- Heat oil in a nonstick/ ceramic pan /wok on high flame. Add mustard seeds, asafoetida and curry leaves. When they splutter add green chillies and reduce flame , add turmeric powder , saute add potatoes and onions, saute till translucent.
- When cooked add salt and torn chapatis. Stir well, cook for 2 to 3 minutes stirring well. If you like the flavor of lime, sprinkle lime juice over the chapatis.
- Saute well till they become crisp and garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot.
- Tastes best when prepared with stale chapatis.
THANK YOU FOR VISITING MY BLOG